Interested in joining the Eccleston Homes team?
We are always on the look out for talented individuals in our Sales and Construction departments.
Should you wish to register now or for future vacancies, please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a current vacancy for Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant – Overview
An integral part of the Eccleston team, The Sales Consultant is ‘The Face’ to prospective and existing customers.
Responding to all leads generated, our Sales Consultants role is to close sales at the earliest opportunity whilst obtaining the best price.
Involved with all parties, the Sales Consultant ensure all legal completions arrive on program whilst the highest levels of customer satisfaction are delivered to all our purchasers.
Key Responsibilities – Sales Targets, Revenues and Performance
Reporting directly to the Head Of Sales
- The Sales Consultant should maximise sales revenue for development and profitability by achieving agreed sales targets and seeking opportunities to sell extras/upgrades.
Presentation of sales area and development
- Carry out daily inspections to ensure accurate visual signage on and off the development directs customers effectively to the Marketing Suite; rectify if appropriate.
- Ensure that all available digital marketing tools are switched on (TV’s with Video play)
- Ensure that the show home and Sales Centre presentation and cleanliness are maintained to a high standard at all times and that remedial matters are resolved as soon as possible and cost effectively.
- Ensure the website is up to date with all relevant site information and local amenities to assist prospective customers in the buying process.
- Any Stock plots and Show Homes inspected at least weekly to ensure same high standards in terms of cleanliness and presentation both internally and externally.
- Inspect cleaning and landscaping to ensure completed to company standards and endeavour to resolve any issues with the external contractors; report outstanding matters to HOS.
- Ensure a plentiful supply of all literature and stationery is available by regularly monitoring the same and that all printed information in the sales offices is well displayed at all times and report any potential Property Mis-descriptions Act discrepancies to HOS.
- Wearing of full sales uniform or at minimum company designated colours (Black Dress and Jacket with neck scarf for Ladies and Black suit and white shirt for Men, company tie), name badge and appropriate indoor/outdoor footwear in order to comply with corporate dress code.
- Correct PPE to be worn on site at all times, with additional min 4 sets for visitors.
- Respond to all leads and enquiries, whatever the source, and dispatch appropriate information as required within the specified timescales/as prompted by prevailing company system (Contact Builder) and procedures.
- Follow up leads with a view to making appointments for customer to view show homes and/or stock plots.
- In accordance with Company procedures, collect, record and utilise accurate data regarding prospective customers, and make the information available for use in marketing. New enquiries to be entered directly into the computer system (Contact Builder). Information to be entered on the day it is obtained into the system and particular attention paid to ensure that the information in the system is complete and accurate by close of business each week end (Sunday).
- Meet, greet and welcome prospective customers; qualify them to thoroughly understand their requirements in order to tailor a demonstration to their needs with a view to gaining their commitment to buying an Eccleston Home and then closing a sale at the earliest opportunity and at the best price.
- Demonstrate show homes and individual plots as appropriate, making most effective use of sales tools to enhance demonstration or in absence a particular house type to demo.
- Effectively promote the relevant offers to prospective purchasers eg Help To Buy, Easy Move , Part Exchange as well as customer Unique Extras in accordance with company procedures and to optimise overall value of the sale.
- Ensure all prospects are qualified by nominated Mortgage Broker and placed with a preferred Solicitor.
- Re-trawl weekly existing leads and contact customers as appropriate.
- In cases of Part Exchange, taking overall responsibility for the sales operation and progression of the PX property.
- Ensure purchase information and customer discussions are in line with the Consumer Code and PMA.
- Maintain structure to the working day, e.g. ensure the sales area is ready for opening, update the computer system, Contact Head Office and liaise with the Contract Chaser and Sales Admin regarding any issues or changes which you deem appropriate, making outbound customer calls and communication with the Site Manager.
Post Reservation Requirements
- On a daily basis, keep full and accurate information on Contact Builder regarding contract chasing, customers’ Unique Extras, and all communications with the customer and any other matters concerning the plot.
- Reservations to be input directly into the computer system.
- Systematically communicate with all parties involved in a ‘customer’s sale and plot purchase to ensure contracts are exchanged within the deadline set. Communicate a full summary of this information to Contract Chaser in Head office in order to ensure that internal colleagues give consistent information to customers. Post reservation, progress chasing with customer and their third parties to achieve required timescale to exchange and complete.
- Throughout customer journey make customer feel valued and important and manage their expectations with a view to achieving customer satisfaction targets.
- With The Site Manager inspect each dwelling thoroughly on build completion. Only accept plots that are properly completed, cleaned and finished to a good and acceptable standard. Communicate outcome with HOS.
- Handle any customer requirements after legal completion and occupation with empathy and efficiency in accordance with company procedures and with the objective of ensuring that customers recommend Eccleston Homes when asked.
- Comply with all other Sales Consultants’ responsibilities as laid down in Sales Manual and Customer Journey Manual and as reviewed from time to time.
Market Knowledge and Awareness
- Contribute to the marketing of the site in terms of considering and suggesting new ideas to generate interest and suggesting suitable photo/video material for digital promotion of the development on websites and property portals.
- Conduct research to provide market intelligence on what the competition, second hand and rental markets are achieving and compare to your own product.
- Attend all promotional events associated with own development and where requested to assist your Team Members.
- Identify appropriate opportunities for signage, private and official.
- Check all on line media (Own web, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Rightmove etc. weekly to ensure development information is correct, with any amends passed to HOS immediately.
- Understand the build process, keep up to date with developments in the product and utilise to achieve sales.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Site Manager, maintain a working knowledge of the build progress of each plot, and update customers on a weekly basis, being mindful of the need to under promise and over deliver.
- Hold a weekly sales/site meeting with the Site Manager to discuss in detail plot and sales progress, presentation, customer choices and Unique Extras and customer service.
- Communicate effectively to ensure the development is properly “handed over” to any incoming colleague.
- Regularly attend sales meetings at head office/Selected development to exchange ideas/information between developments including reporting on factors affecting sales/conversion rates, actions job holder has taken/ideas to promote development locally, effectiveness of current marketing activity and on local competitor activity both new build and second hand markets.
- At all times comply with all relevant company policies, procedures and processes, including information technology and sales related technological initiatives.
- Comply with Sales Consultants’ responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety & Environment Policy, with particular responsibility for the Health & Safety of members of the public.
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.